Wednesday, July 23, 2008


I went hiking on Monday. It was a lot of fun. My stake for church planned a hike up donut falls and then we roasted s'mores and just hung out. It was a lot of fun. We decided to climb all the way up to the falls (which I haven't ever done before because I didn't want to get wet) But today was different I didn't care if I got a little wet you can always change your clothes and stuff. I tried not getting too wet though! My feet were soaked and I rolled my pants up a bit but the ends were still drenched. It was all good though I had a lot of fun and now have a great group of friends to hang out with. So it was a good trip in the end.

Funny thing is I had gone hiking earlier that day up Timpanogas Cave. I took some pics of the valley from up on top the mountain. It was smoggy but still a great view. The last time i went up that mountain was when I was like 10 or maybe even younger. I remembered the trail was paved and that there were a lot of switch backs but I didn't remember how steep it was. Of course when I was little things like that didn't phase me as much. The caves were a lot smaller than I remembered also. Or maybe it was because I am much bigger now, lol Oh well It was still really cool and by the time we got up to the caves we were sweaty hot and the cold caves were just what we needed.

I suggest if you ever go hiking up Timpanogas that you go early in the morning so the heat doesn't get to you too much. Take lots of water and a snack.
Also go with someone you really would like to have the time to talk with. I went on a date with a guy I had never met. It was good we had plenty of time to talk while going up the mountain but he just wasn't interesting enough and I wished there was someone else there to talk to.

2 comments:

Lindy T! said...

You know you wish it was me that you could spend time talking to. Except that I would probably have been hyperventalating... and you would have had to give me mouth to mouth and that would've been just weird....I am glad you figured out how to post pictures, you are too cute!

Springer Family said...

Yeah you have a blog! The diet sounds tough but good. I just need to exercise but I hate it and eat a little better, but it is so hard. How do you only do 500 calories... Well looks like the hike was a good time.